Glee Meme Day 21 → A recipe
Okay, here’s the thing: I don’t cook unless I’m upset/nervous/depressed/not sleeping/various other negative things. Cooking for me does not = glee!
But not this recipe 😀
1. Choose your mug. It’s walls should be thick enough to hold heat for a good amount of time, but not so thick that you have trouble drinking out of it. It should also be coloured/patterned/painted in a way that is pleasing to you. My favourites include: Red & white polkadots, the Shoe of Salvation, and Dark Side of the Moon.
2. Pick your tea. Almost (but not quite) as important as your mug choice. For this example I am going to choose loose-leaf Twinings Breakfast Tea, because it is yummy.
3. Pick your teapot. Look, I’m sorry, but you cannot make a proper cup of tea without a teapot. A teapot can even salvage teabags, so choose wisely, or steal your grandmothers. My Mum and I have a small collection starting, however the only one that is mine is red with white polkasots and it matches my mug.
4. Boil your water. You want to have two teapot-fulls going, whether you boil your water in a kettle or on the stove. NO MICROWAVES. We have some class 😉 (One teapot-full should be enough to fill however many mugs you are making, plus one)
5. When the water is boiled, fill the teapot up, put the lid on, and STEP AWAY FROM THE TEAPOT. Get out your sugar/honey/preferred sweetener, choose your cream/milk, and leave your teapot to heat, and the remaining pre-boiled water to cool slightly. Scalded tea is not tasty. About 2-3 minutes should do it.
6. Pour the water out of the teapot.
7. Place (number of mugs of tea) + 1 heaped teaspoonfuls of loose tea OR the same number of teabags into the pot. Fill with remaining hot water. Stir quickly (for no reason other than if you stir slowly you will get burnt :p). Leave for a minimum of 3 minutes, or more if you have a bigger teapot or like your tea stronger.
8. Pour your tea! For this you neeed something to strain the tea through and catch any escapee tea leaves – you can buy tea strainers, but a clean teatowel/cheesecloth will do.
9. Add sugar & milk to taste. Many people will say that you should add the milk before the tea, but I disagree. Each to their own.
10. Add homemade cookies, and enjoy.Tags: <3, 10, day 21, glee, meme, milk, mug, photo, recipe, steps, sugar, tasty, tea, tea bag, teapot, yum
Glee Meme Day 20 → A hobby of yours
I’m not sure what my hobbies are at the moment. Sleeping? Does sleeping count? I do a lot of sleeping these days?
Oh! Right! The dancing thing. I guess that counts. I dance. Jive mostly these days, but in the past ballet (for, like, thirteen years. Um. Yeah. All I got from that was two sprained ankles, a lot of flexibility, and the ability to spin around without falling on my ass. Most of the time), hip-hop, tap, jazz, salsa, tango, ballroom, swing, modern, expressive… You name it, I can probably still dance at least a step or two.
This is less useful in life than one might think, although I did do jazz hands twice in my last interview, and I got the job, so take from that what you will.
PS Photo not mine, nor am I in it. Click it to go to the photographer’s flickr! Must get my twirling skirt out…Tags: <3, ballet, ballroom, dance, day 20, glee, jazz, jive, love, meme, photo, salsa, spin, swing, tango, twirl
Glee Meme Day 18 → Whatever tickles your fancy
Here is an absolutly gorgeous photo by Lou O’Bedlam. Just ‘cuz, and cause he’s coming to Brighton, and cause it makes me think i should move to California.
Glee Meme Day 12 → Whatever tickles your fancy.
This is the photo I took for St David’s Day this year, indulging my Welsh half that generally only comes out when Wales play rugby (especially against england) or when there is Double Dragon to be drunk.
Curiously enough, the only three things I can say in welsh are “Hello, how are you?”, “Happy St David’s Day” and “How much for a pint of double dragon?”
I once tried to learn “GO WALES, HIT THAT AUSTRALIAN IN THE FACE. DO NOT SHAME ME LIKE ENGLAND HAS” but I was forcibly stopped, and also, it was hard.
Basically, I am useless in Wales, unless you want to get drunk, which means that I get along with my Welsh family really really well. Particularly since we are from Felinfoel, where Double Dragon is made… Coincidence?Tags: 365, daffodils, day 12, fingernails, glee, hide, language, meme, nail polish, photo, self portrait, st davids day, welsh, yellow
Glee Meme Day 11 → A photo of you taken recently
Flickr do the pub well. Taken at the Brighton flickr group’s xmas pub outing, complete with costumes, a mini-studio, alcohol, and a LOT of cameras. Good times.
Feather boa is mine, glasses are Jason Lupi’s. Love those glasses.Tags: 09, brighton, day 11, flickr, glee, me, meme, photo, photog, recent, xmas
Glee Meme Day 10 → A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Okay, so ten years ago I was eleven… Here is a photo of me age about nine.Tags: day 10, girl, glee, me, meme, photo, ten years ago, young
Glee Meme Day 09 → A photo you took
069 (via cerys jones) – My 365 for today, an exercise in “how fucking emo can a 21-year-old hipster-nerd look?”
Answer: Very =)Tags: <3, 365, day 9, emo, fake, glee, meme, my photo, photo, posure, self portrait
Glee Meme Day 08 → A photo that makes you angry/sad
This makes me sad. I miss being on that cruise, god damn depression.Tags: day 8, depression, glee, meme, photo, sad
Glee Meme Day 07 → A photo that makes you happy
This photo makes me so happy that I want to cry. I want the summer to come back, I want lazy days laying in the road with a beer, or lying out by the Pells, or getting drunk in the garden. Bring back the summer, bring back the sun, bring back the heat, bring back my friends.day seven, glee, happy, meme, photo