Derby Crush #1: Smack DaddyTags: <3, derby, montreal, new skids on the block, roller derby, skater, smack daddy
Derby Crush #2: Ewan WotarmyTags: <3, crush, derby, ewan wotarmy, roller derby
Derby Crush #3: Iron WenchTags: <3, crush, derby, Iron Wench, roller derby, skater
For Elly 🙂
<3Tags: <3, cute, look, mouse, surprise
Glee Meme Day 21 → A recipe
Okay, here’s the thing: I don’t cook unless I’m upset/nervous/depressed/not sleeping/various other negative things. Cooking for me does not = glee!
But not this recipe 😀
1. Choose your mug. It’s walls should be thick enough to hold heat for a good amount of time, but not so thick that you have trouble drinking out of it. It should also be coloured/patterned/painted in a way that is pleasing to you. My favourites include: Red & white polkadots, the Shoe of Salvation, and Dark Side of the Moon.
2. Pick your tea. Almost (but not quite) as important as your mug choice. For this example I am going to choose loose-leaf Twinings Breakfast Tea, because it is yummy.
3. Pick your teapot. Look, I’m sorry, but you cannot make a proper cup of tea without a teapot. A teapot can even salvage teabags, so choose wisely, or steal your grandmothers. My Mum and I have a small collection starting, however the only one that is mine is red with white polkasots and it matches my mug.
4. Boil your water. You want to have two teapot-fulls going, whether you boil your water in a kettle or on the stove. NO MICROWAVES. We have some class 😉 (One teapot-full should be enough to fill however many mugs you are making, plus one)
5. When the water is boiled, fill the teapot up, put the lid on, and STEP AWAY FROM THE TEAPOT. Get out your sugar/honey/preferred sweetener, choose your cream/milk, and leave your teapot to heat, and the remaining pre-boiled water to cool slightly. Scalded tea is not tasty. About 2-3 minutes should do it.
6. Pour the water out of the teapot.
7. Place (number of mugs of tea) + 1 heaped teaspoonfuls of loose tea OR the same number of teabags into the pot. Fill with remaining hot water. Stir quickly (for no reason other than if you stir slowly you will get burnt :p). Leave for a minimum of 3 minutes, or more if you have a bigger teapot or like your tea stronger.
8. Pour your tea! For this you neeed something to strain the tea through and catch any escapee tea leaves – you can buy tea strainers, but a clean teatowel/cheesecloth will do.
9. Add sugar & milk to taste. Many people will say that you should add the milk before the tea, but I disagree. Each to their own.
10. Add homemade cookies, and enjoy.Tags: <3, 10, day 21, glee, meme, milk, mug, photo, recipe, steps, sugar, tasty, tea, tea bag, teapot, yum
Glee Meme Day 20 → A hobby of yours
I’m not sure what my hobbies are at the moment. Sleeping? Does sleeping count? I do a lot of sleeping these days?
Oh! Right! The dancing thing. I guess that counts. I dance. Jive mostly these days, but in the past ballet (for, like, thirteen years. Um. Yeah. All I got from that was two sprained ankles, a lot of flexibility, and the ability to spin around without falling on my ass. Most of the time), hip-hop, tap, jazz, salsa, tango, ballroom, swing, modern, expressive… You name it, I can probably still dance at least a step or two.
This is less useful in life than one might think, although I did do jazz hands twice in my last interview, and I got the job, so take from that what you will.
PS Photo not mine, nor am I in it. Click it to go to the photographer’s flickr! Must get my twirling skirt out…Tags: <3, ballet, ballroom, dance, day 20, glee, jazz, jive, love, meme, photo, salsa, spin, swing, tango, twirl
Glee Meme Day 19 → A talent of yours
Glee Meme Day 16 → A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Okay, since this meme is about GLEE, as in HAPPINESS, I choose a piece of music that always, without fail, makes me well up. Actually, I choose two. Both are horrendously uncool, but I was uncool before it was cool to be uncool, so here goes.
I choose To Build Jerusalem in secondplace, which is double uncool since I am somewhat of a complete athiest, and am pretty much anti-all-organised-religion, but it would appear that all those years of church schools, and the years of going to church in order to GET IN TO the church schools, have taken their toll.
The winner, I have to say, I am not ashamed of in the slightest, because is is be-fucking-autiful, and it is the song I’ve added here, and it’s the Cantique de Jean Racine composed by Gabriele Fauré.
I have a tendency to play it while I’m driving in much the same manner that certain groups of people my age will play rap, R’n’B, or bad rap-metal, that is to say, so loud that I occasionally fear it will shake the car apart.Tags: <3, cantique de jean racine, classical, cry, day 16, emotional, gabriele faure, glee, heart, love, meme, music, song
Glee Meme Day 13 → A fictional book
I am going to assume that this means a “fiction” book rather than a “fictional” book, because that would just be perplexing.
Anyway, I am currently innundated with books. I’m halfway through Melissa Marr’s Ink Exchange, the second in the Tattoo Faries series BUT I also just bought Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl, and Ash by Malinda Lo in a fit of fiscal recklessness because they were on sale and I am a sale slut.
However, I am going to ignore those and pick Ally Carter’s AWESOME Heist Society for today. Because it is awesome and I really cannot be more coherent about it. Sorry.
Also, how many awesome books are coming out this year? The next Queen’s Thief, White Cat, John Green & David Levithan’s co-written book, The Demon’s Covenant, the Unicorns vs Zombies anthology, The Dead-Tossed Waves (omg, so looking forward to that one), Mockingjay, Ascendant, AND THE FIRST CLOCKWORK ANGELS BOOK.
There are going to be a lot of tough descisions over food vs books this year. Oh dear.Tags: <3, 2010, booklust, books, day 13, glee, list, love, meme, nerd, releases
Glee Meme Day 09 → A photo you took
069 (via cerys jones) – My 365 for today, an exercise in “how fucking emo can a 21-year-old hipster-nerd look?”
Answer: Very =)Tags: <3, 365, day 9, emo, fake, glee, meme, my photo, photo, posure, self portrait